The behavioral and emotional side of financial planning takes precedence when planning for our future.
I see this play out frequently in the form of anchoring to a perceived value we’ve grown accustomed to, based on prior experience.
This “value”; however, can unfortunately lead to decisions that damage the success of our financial plan.
Outline of This Episode
- [1:40] Anchoring to a dollar amount is what we’re used to
- [5:56] Are you stuck on your stock prices?
- [10:25] Your retirement number needs to have a basis
- [15:20] What are you sacrificing to reach your number?
- [16:13] Don’t limit your tax thinking
- [20:25] Gain confidence with a financial plan
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect with Chad and Cameron
Subscribe To This Podcast
Apple Podcasts <> Stitcher <> Google Play